[Edited: Make sure to read the full terms and agreements, and like most online course sites, do not expect this to act as a replacement for a real-life class unless any specific course you sign up for states it offers transferrable credits. Make sure you know most online-courses will not be recognized as a replacement for any part of any curriculum by credited educational institutions.]
Through Academic Earth, you can take courses in all of the fields below:
- Computer Science
- Social Sciences
- Art & Design
- Test Preparation
- Berklee College of Music
- Carnegie Mellon
- Case Western Reserve
- Dalarna University
- Dartmouth College
- George Washington University
- Gresham College
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- Lund University
- Mises Institute
- New School
- Notre Dame
- The City University of New York
- UC Berkeley
- UC Irvine
- University of California San Francisco
- University of Chicago
- University of Houston
- University of London
- University of New South Wales
- University of North Carolina
- University of Western Sydney
- Wesleyan University
- Art & Art History
- Classics & Classical World
- Political Science, International Relations, and Law
- Urban Studies
- Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence
- Engineering [Mechanical, Civil, and Electrical]
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Psychology & Cognitive Sciences
- Public Health
- BusinessEnjoy the over-abundance of free educational resources, and never stop exploring and expanding! And if anyone knows of any other great self-education resources, let me know!
Wow! This is actually really great, and most of these classes seem to have sets of videotaped lectures for the classes!
now that is something
CLOTHING LIFE HACKS
My mother taught me all of this, I then promptly forgot.
Reblogging because im a fucking adult & need this information.
- Her racist appropriation of Mexican Dia De Los Muertos sugar skull imagery
I see something awkward is happeing to tumblr nowadays. With all this “Cultural appropriation” shit, don’t you think you’re getting a little extreme? I mean, the world is all mixed, this talk makes no sense. You can’t tell if a blonde girl didn’t have a black grandfather, for example, and even if she didn’t! What’s the big deal in dressing with something from another culture? I’m brazilian, I have Portuguese, African and Indian (a misused name, since they’re the native brazilians) and I don’t feel uncomfortable if any of you guys use anything from any of those cultures, and I don’t care about your background. Honestly, you’re sounding a bit nazi with all this “no mixing” shit. She’s not shaming any culture, just wearing it in an artistic way. If that was the case, you guys would all be forbid to cosplay anything that isn’t from your country, for example. This is ridiculous.
Thank you so much for that commentary! I 100% agree. Especially the first part. My maternal grandfather is full blooded native american, but you could never tell by looking at me because I take after my dad more, who is of European descent. Am I not allowed to take part in the culture that has played such a huge role in my life simply because I don’t look the part?
I didn’t realize the historical demographic called “gypsies” were a word that needed to be bleeped out to g***y. Leave some things alone, you social justice martyrs. We have so many other things to be worried about than the nuances of the costumes of a brilliant musician who means no disrespect. Heritage is translated into costumes and art. Deal with it. At least shes not using them to sell Victorias Secret underwear. I just really hate tumblr sometimes.
1) gypsy is a racial slur. that’s why it’s bleeped out.
2) the issue is that people are taking sacred things from other cultures and turning it into sexualized fashion statements. i get that she means no harm in doing this, but it teaches people that other cultures are disposable. as for the family argument, that’s a personal matter and doesn’t need to be brought up when calling out a celebrity. as far as i know, florence has never talked about having roots in other cultures soooo yeah. i also get that this might seem trivial, but the sexualization of other cultures leads to people in said cultures to be raped and assaulted.
a social justice martyr ;)
(for the record, i don’t hate florence welch, as i find her very talented. i just found all of the comments above extremely problematic.)
Okay so I just saw you reblogged that from me (flo-robot), I’m just not gonna post this there because I hate posting things more than once. Okay so in England the term gipsy is not a slur. It’s just another name for irish travellers. So is pavee. The pejorative way of calling irish travellers would be tinkers or knackers, so she wasn’t offending anyone really. Please, please tell me how the way she wore the native american headdress was sexualizing it? Are you seriously telling me people are gonna get raped and assaulted because of a picture that only shows her head?
I can not count the number of times this trick has saved my ass.
And people say Tumblr doesn’t teach you life skills…
this will come in handy one day
ATTENTION GRADUATING CLASS OF 2013: COLLEGE SURVIVAL 101
Reblogging for future reference..
OHMYGOD HI FOLLOWERS! TIME FOR MY VERY FIRST GIVEAWAY!!
1st place: Book of Mormon t-shirt, unworn, size large
2nd, 3rd & 4th place: either American Idiot OBC signed playbill with Love Happened Here flier from the show, Hair(summer 2011) playbill with a Be-In flier that is signed on the back. Carrie playbill, signed by cast on inside cover. (first to respond will get first choice, second will get choice between last two and third will get the last one)
5th place: Godspell playbill(with one stray signature from George Salazar)
You MUST be following me!
Only reblogs count
You can reblog as many times as you want
I will not count any after december 9th.
I will pick winners by using a random generator thingy, so good luck and such!
I’m currently obsessed with typography (!!!) so I decided to make a masterpost on it - this post includes fonts, tutorials for various text effects, guides, useful links, inspiration and (even) a couple of typographic games for your enjoyment! Have fun! :-)
favourites: lobster, amplify, carton, mission script, hoefler text (font library), ruritania (for fancy capital letters), levibrush, didot (font library), times (font library), ranger, freshman, geared, ribbon, pompadour numerals, riotsquad, nouvelle vague
behance (free ones - scroll all the way down to find download link)
Text Effects + Poster Design tutorials
Geometric effect (for numbers)
Ice cream effect (yummy)
Skin effect (for hannibal fans!!)
Smoky effect (or ghost-y)
Tree branch effect (creepy + cool)
3D effect (quick & easy)
Other useful websites / inspiration
Typography tidbits (cool stuff)
Typography in infographics (who doesnt like infographics)
Kerning game (if you have nothing better to do)
This is a resource post for all the Good White Person™s out there. You know, the ones who say things like “It’s not my fault I’m white! Don’t generalize white people!”, or “I’m appreciating your culture! You should be proud!”, or “Why do you hate all white people, look I’m a special snowflake who’s not racist give me an award for meeting the minimum requirements for being a decent human being”.
Well, if you are actually interested in understanding racism and how it ties into cultural appropriation, please read instead of endlessly badgering PoCs on tumblr with your cliched, unoriginal arguments and repeating the same questions over and over.
On White Privilege
aka don’t blame me just because I’m white:
- It’s Not My Fault I Was Born White: Basics of White Privilege x
- Racial Divide x
- Endless Examples of White Privilege x
- You Cannot Know What It’s Like To Be A Racial Minority x
- Intersectional Feminism x
- White Privilege Does Not Mean White People Have Perfect Lives x
- White Privilege and White Supremacy: A Presentation x
- You Will Never Experience Racism x
- Understanding White Privilege x
- White Privilege and Double Standards x
- Systematic White Ignorance x
- The Invisibility of White Privilege x
- The Luxury of White Privilege x
- White Privilege: The Harry Potter Analogy x
- Privilege Denial Bingo x
- Privilege and Cost x
- Check Your Privilege 101 x
- Whiteness x
- Whiteness is Not A Culture x
- White Privilege and Racism x
- Deeply Embarrassed White People Talk About Race x
- When White Anti Racists Talk About ~Their Struggle~ x
- White Privilege As A System x
On Reverse Racism
aka you are being racist against white people:
- Are White People Racially Oppressed x
- White People, the new Racial Minority x
- People Don’t Value Pale Skin!! x
- There Is No Such Thing As Reverse Racism x
- Racism vs. Not Racism x
- But White People Are Discriminated Against In Foreign Countries x
- The Myth of Reverse Racism: Why Cracker is Not N**** x
- Satire: A Step Wise Guide on Being Reverse Racist x
- Racism Against White People vs. Racism Against POCs x
On Cultural Appropriation
aka I’m just appreciating your culture:
- The Basics x
- Identifying Appropriation x
- But When We Wear It … x
- Why Can’t I Wear It (Hipster Headdresses) x
- Not Yours x
- If You Take The Bindi x
- White People Do It Better x
- Multiculturalism and Appropriation x
- Cultural Appropriation and Portrayals In Print Media x
- Diminishing the Cultural Significance of the Bindi x
- The Cultural Appropriation Bingo x
- Why We’re Fed Up of Your Responses x
- Identities Are Not Costumes x
- Hinduism And Appropriation x
- Religion and Privilege x
- Bindis Are Cool x
- Exotic India x
- What’s Wrong With Cultural Appropriation x
- Racism, Bindis and Ganesh Tattoos x
- BUT YOU’RE SPEAKING ENGLISH! x
- Cultural Appropriation Trolls x
- Guide to Being An Appropriating Douchefuck x
- New Age ~Culture Mixing~ x
- In case you’re tired of the prose, here’s poetry x
- Why You Shouldn’t Wear A Bindi x
- Appropriating and Sharing x
- Our Culture is A Punchline Until It’s a Trend x
- Homage Or Insult x
- Tattoos and Appropriation x
- Bollywood is Not Synonymous With Indian x
- College Party Costumes and Stereotypes x
- Dotheads x
- Bindis and Racist Humour x
- Hindu Iconography x
- Misuse of Hindu Iconography x
- Your Appreciation Doesn’t Help Us x
Assorted Vials of White Tears and Miscellaneous Antidotes
aka I can’t change that I’m white/not all whites are racist/we are all humans:
- Unoriginal Arguments Refuted x
- Quick Checklist: You Might Be Racist If x
- Your Opinion Isn’t Necessary x
- I’m Not Responsible For My Ancestors x
- The Kumbayah Myth x
- Proud to Be White x
- Good White Person x
- We Don’t Hate White People x
- Brutality of Colonialism And Why You Can’t Tell Us To Forget the Past x
- People Who Claim Not To See Race Are More Likely to Be Racist x
- All Races are Beautiful Said the White Girl x
- Race Blindness Is A Luxury x
- Well, You’re Racist For Calling Me Racist x
- I’ve Read About Its Significance, I Know What It Means
- Angry Because Someone Called You Racist x
- We’re Not All Like That x
- People Only Care About This Trivial Shit On The Internet x
- I Can’t Apologize for Being Born White, It’s Not My Fault x
- Why Can’t You Tell Me What I’m Doing Wrong x
- It’s Easy to Be Color Blind When You’re White x
- A Diagrammatic Guide To White Tears x
- Conversations I’m Sick Of Having With White People x
- Why Do You Hate White People x
- I’m Trying To Be Cultured x
- Sisyphean Conundrum x
- What is Your Problem x
- We Are All Human, We All Bleed Red x
- It’s Just A Bindi x
- How Not To Respond To Accusations of Racism x
- I’m Italian And 0.009% Native American x
- What White People Think Racism Means: A Venn Diagram x
- White Guilt x
- White Pride!!!111!!! x
- I Like *Insert Foreign Country* I Want To Live There x
- You Have So Much Hate, Fighting Fire With Fire Won’t Help x
- BooHoo, Don’t Call Me Racist x
- Not Everything Ended With Your Ancestors x
- The Racist Reaction x
- I Don’t See Why That Is Racist x
- Crummy Apologies x
Okay. I agree. I’ve been socially conditioned not to notice racism and recognize my privilege. What can I do?
I don’t care about this bullshit; you’re making a big deal out of nothing, go home and delete your blog:
So guys! I’m working at a huge Photography Studio where i can get Posters for free! For this reason, I decided to do this giveaway! YOU CAN HAVE 15 OF THESE 26 MODELS IN A LARGE SIZE!!!
R U L E S:
- MUST BE FOLLOWING ME
- Ends: 15, March (2014). It’s worldwide!
- LIKES AND GIVEAWAY BLOGS DO NOT COUNT.
- Reblog how many times you want!
- The giveaway will be conducted by True Random Number.
- Value: U$ 320 (FREE FOR YOU, and for me haha)
Tumblr is not responsible for this giveaway. It is entirely my responsibility and those who are participating.
Be sure that your ASK page is working so i can message you to know what posters you choose, and eventually, reveal them.
If you have any questions about the Giveaway, please, DON’T COME AS ANON. I will not answer if you do.
AND MAY THE ODDS BE ALWAYS IN YOUR FAVOR!